More Trail Boss data...

Hodgdon's site is now showing Trail Boss data for both the .32-20 and the .41 Mag.

Wee haw!

The stats on the .41 Mag. put it squarely into what would be considered a .41 Special cartridge.

I'm tempted to try it to see if I get better groups with the higher loading density than I did with the ultra light charges of slow burning powders I tried last time.

joneb

Mike, I have been impressed with TB for my 158gr LRNFP the max load 4.2gr was as accurate as my target loads using Bullseye. I would not try to load TB w/Cu
My powder charger will throw 1/4 charges with TB so watch for powder bridging.

My Lee disk measure has been absolutely perfect in its handling of TB.

All of my loading so far has been for .44 Special. I REALLY like that powder in that cartridge. It's very accurate out of my 6" Model 24.

stinger

My powder charger will throw 1/4 charges with TB so watch for powder bridging.

I've only used it through a lee pro-auto disk...

I won't throw less than 4g because the charges were so erratic. 30 perfect, and then, pffffff. Not good, where'd I put that brass squib rod? Anything over 4g and it is on the money everytime. I guess it is too bulky for those really small disks.

It works well in 38 special, creating uniform and accurate loads.

I really like it in 45 colt, and routinely use 4.8g with a 250-255 cast bullet. It is accurate and really mild. That load nets me right at 600fps from a 4 5/8" barrel.

I've also loaded it in 45-70, but have yet to pull the trigger (pun fully intended.)

I've been really interested in trying it in 41 magnum, and it is good to know they now have info. Thanks for the heads up!

"Are you sure your south of the Mason-Dixon?"

Tragically, unfortunately, redneckedly, yes.

I'm a Pennsylvanian by birth and by heart.

Bullet94

oldironman

You crack me up.
According to my wife I should go HEE HAW.

I have tried Trail Boss in 38 Specials, still playing with it. I have two Redding powder measures one for up to 10grs and one for 10grs and above. It only measures consistently from the 10grs and above powder measure.