More new CZ pistols

Darker Loaf

Very cool DW 10mm Silverback: http://cz-usa.com/product/dw-silverback-10mm-copy/ MSRP: $2,064 A very tempting 10mm offering. I bet its awesome.

CZ 75 Shadow Tactical II (Custom): http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-shadow-tac-ii-9mm-cz-custom/ A custom CZ 75 Shadow with a non-railed frame and more classic lines, AL grips. MSRP: $1,349

CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow Target II (Custom): http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-sp-01-shadow-target-ii-9mm-cz-custom/ Full trigger job with competition hammer and short reset trigger. AL grips as well. Milled in sights. MSRP: $1,638

In my opinion, the Shadow Target II is one of the coolest factory/custom shadows out there, and I really like the AL-style grips.

One way or another CZ is likely to get some of my money. Curse them!

ritepath

The Shadow Target is my dream 9mm...

CZ14_CustomSP01ShadowTargetII-L-e1419873699707-500x375.png

JWT

The entire lineup has some fine looking guns. The 1911 family, in particular, has some real beauties IMO. Not inexpensive, however.

jreXD9

CZ offers tremendous quality at very good prices. I've had 4 and still carry the PCR D or Rami. Their 550 rifles with the Mannlicher stocks are just drop dead gorgeous.

Their prices seem to be climbing steadily. I can't help but wonder if it is possibly due to how many options they now offer. It just seems like everything I check their site they have a dozen more variants of the more or less same designs. Almost like GM a few decades ago.

claydoctor

Latest issue of Guns and Ammo just arrived with a cover photo and article about the 40th anniversary of CZ and a commemorative model CZ-75

axismatt

The Silverback is actually a Dan Wesson piece. Sure is purty though.

I have also notices CZ prices edging up. I priced a 75B 2 years ago and it was $500, now it's around $620. Still, amazing guns for the price.

I read some bad reviews about some of the rifles. I'd like to get some time with one and judge for myself.

Joshua 2415

CZ Scorpion: Pistol Buffer Tube...?

Does anybody know whether that Pistol Buffer Tube, shown at the end of the video review, will also allow the use of a traditional AR stock, instead of the Sig arm brace?

I know that would make it an SBR and require getting the stamp and all that, but just as question of functionality, it looks like a traditional AR stock could be added instead of the Sig brace. Am I right...?

Last edited:

Darker Loaf

Re Joshua 2415: Nope. A pistol buffer tube is designed not to work with a traditional AR15 stock. In theory, the thread pattern of a pistol buffer tube should match the thread pattern of a rifle buffer tube, unless CZ designed their pistol AR buffer tube adaptor with a different thread pattern (which would be annoying but possibly smart on CZ's part). A pistol buffer tube is totally round, while a rifle buffer tube has squarish notches that would allow a rifle stock to click into different positions.

The Sig Brace is designed to fit tightly by friction alone, and a rifle stock would probably just rattle around on the end of a pistol buffer tube. Heck, you cannot even use different specification rifle stocks on commercial vs. military spec rifle buffer tubes. So, the Sig Brace would be a better option. But assuming you did all the paper work via the NFA and BATF, you could swap out the pistol buffer tube with rifle one and slap a rifle stock on it.

Finally, there is no reason to put an a rifle stock on an Evo Scorpion or other pistol unless you *HAVE TO* have an NFA item which you need to be very careful about doing and you must be certain you are following the rules. Doing so would just mean you are breaking the law and risking arrest and losing your gun rights forever. Don't do that. Owning a legal pistol is much less hassle than owning a legal registered NFA SBR or an illegal item.

armoredman

There is a some high level discussions going on about the EVO as an SBR, and whether or not 922(r) comes into play or not. If you are an NFA guru, feel free to speak up, ( I am not, not even in the dark, in the fog at 100 yards), but the question has been asked of the feds for clarification.