More Controllable: CZ P-07 or SIG SP2022?

jmhyer

I have the SP2022 and it is a nice shooter. It appears to be about the same size, weight, and composition as the CZ...so I'm willing to bet the difference in terms of recoil is negligible and unnoticeable.

DubC-Hicks

I haven't shot either of the 2, but CZs are known for being controllable because of that low bore axis. I could definitely tell the difference when shooting a CZ75 and P226.

TBT

CZ due to the lower bore axis. Some argue that muzzle flip doesn't matter because it's more about how the gun comes back to target and they probably have a point. Having the gun flip around on me isn't something I'm willing to tolerate though.

i've owned both. i've sold both. didn't really care for either, but the p-07 had a much more comfortable trigger than the sp2022. i prefer the quality of build and materials in the sp2022, tho.

sigarms228

I have the SP2022 and it is a nice shooter. It appears to be about the same size, weight, and composition as the CZ...so I'm willing to bet the difference in terms of recoil is negligible and unnoticeable.

Yep. I have SP2022 also and it is a real soft shooter. I put the large grips on mine and was amazed how fast I am back on target with it, like shooting my Ruger Mark1 .22 LR. I shoot my SP2022 better than my Son's CZ SP01.

Fishbed77

I find the whole "bore axis" argument to be somewhat pointless in my experience. Although theoretically, it should matter, I've found some guns with "high" bore axes (Sigs, Walther P99/PPS, FN FNP, etc.) to have no more noticeable "flip" than guns with "low" bore axes (Glocks, Ruger SR-series, etc).

The fact is that there are many factors at play with how felt recoil is perceived, including ergonomics, weight, balance, mechanical design, and technique.

Uncle Malice

I find the whole "bore axis" argument to be somewhat pointless in my experience. Although theoretically, it should matter, I've found some guns with "high" bore axes (Sigs, Walther P99/PPS, FN FNP, etc.) to have no more noticeable "flip" than guns with "low" bore axes (Glocks, Ruger SR-series, etc).

It's funny how much personal experience comes into this. When shooting my P226 and Glock 19 next to each other, I definitely notice more muzzle flip on the 226. Of course, that doesn't take anything away from accuracy or even rapid fire shooting, but I can definitely feel it get a bit more squirrely.

Similar to how some people say they don't notice much difference shooting 9mm and 40... I notice a huge difference. That doesn't mean I necessarily dislike it, but it's very much there.

As for the OP - I don't find the 2 guns to be the same size. The Sig is a good bit larger. The P-07 is like the Glock 19. I really wanted to get a P-07 and looked at one a few times. I just don't like the controls on CZ's... I went with the SP2022. Although I have since sold it. Honestly, I would say to get the P250 instead if you want a poly Sig. Moreover, in that price range, I would take the M&P. I have seen them down around $420. In my opinion, it's much better than either of those 2.

WVsig

With a proper grip there should be no difference. IMHO

They have very different triggers which will change the way they shoot. One might shooter better in your hand than the other but the difference in muzzle rise should not be noticeably different.

I personally prefer the trigger on the SP2022 the P07s I have encountered have the worst CZ trigger I have ever shot. The guns have a very different feel in the hand IMHO. The CZ feels cheap to me. It really does nothing for me. I love my P01 but ploy CZs just don't do it for me. :confused:

The SP2022 is not a very Sig like trigger. It is not like the Classic P series triggers. It is more revolver like. It is smooth but long with a longer reset. I am not a fan of the P250 it has the worst Sig trigger ever made again IMHO.