more card wad success w/ Lee REAL .50

bamaranger

I had reported earlier that my .50 T/C White Mtn carbine showed a noted increase in accuracy with the addition of a simple card wad over the powder charge using the .50 self cast Lee REAL. On Memorial Day, a pal and I shot BP guns at length, and I tried card wads with my T/C .50 Renegade and the 320 gr R.E.A.L.'s. Again, the card wad was the trick.

Previously, the best the rifle would do was handspan size groups at 50 yds with the REAL and 80 gr of FFg. I cut 1/2" wads from common cardboard boxes with a Harbor Freight punch and seated same carefully over my charge before ramming the tight fitting REALs home and ........success!! Three rounds TOUCHING at 50 yds.

If your're shooting conicals from the traditional side hammer guns, you really ought to try a card wad!!! My CVA .32 squirrel with Maxiballs will get the card treatment next.

Pahoo

Good call !!

I
f your're shooting conicals from the traditional side hammer guns, you really ought to try a card wad!!! My CVA .32 squirrel with Maxiballs will get the card treatment next.
I and many others, have found the accuracy, to impove, adding this to a "conical" shot string. I have been using Bore-Butttons or felt buttons. Some I make, others, I buy. ..... :)

Be Safe !!!