More .32 Auto Mold Mod's

Rangefinder

So yesterday I did the modification on my 93gr. Lee for my .32 Auto that shortened it and lightened to 80gr. Today I couldn't leave well enough alone. I HP'd one cavity. I ended up with a RN FP that is HP'd to the base of the nose. With 50/50 WW/Dead-Soft, it drops at a perfect 71gr. With 1.6gr. Red Dot, I tested at 3.yards on a water jug. It shredded the front, left a large dimple in the back, and dropped out on the ground when the jug fell. It's not the prettiest HP job I've done, but it performs just how I wanted.

Full weight retention and expansion to .473.
DSCF5794.jpg

Rangefinder

Photos of the mold were requested on the cast boolits forum I "live' at--so I'm updating here also. ;)

DSCF5798.jpg

Still need to do some lapping on the cavities to clean them up--just didn't have time and was in a hurry. It sucks having to cram things into infrequent 1/2-hour windows. But you should be able to see everything I've done so far pretty well.
DSCF5799.jpg

DSCF5800.jpg

Just FYI: It's believed and spread that Lee molds can't be HP'd---Obviously they can be. BUT, you'll notice in the first photo the alignment pin is sticking out. This is a must. You have to tap it out enough for the HP pin to clear. Do NOT attempt to drill through it. I made that mistake on the first Lee mold I attempted to HP. After that little oops, every one there-after have worked out really well.