Montana Gold Bullets.

CrustyFN

Has anybody used them. I am out of .357 bullets and was thinking of getting some, $89 per 1K delivered didn't sound bad. Also it said shipped to a business, can you have them shipped to the house for free?

jepp2

They are great bullets. Seem to always be in stock and they ship quickly. They do ask if you are a business or residential. Yes, shipping is included with the price of the bullets.

Wayne_E

I've ordered 9mm and .40 and am happy with them. I don't remember exactly, but I believe at check out they added an extra $5 for residential shipping, but the charge on the credit card didn't have the extra $5. Shipped fast and caused and angry little mailman carring the 65 pound box to the door.

GTOne

Shipped fast and caused and angry little mailman carring the 65 pound box to the door.

Both times I bought from MG my mailman was a little...wondering. He had never seen 68lbs in that size of a usps box. ;)

amathis

I recently ordered 1k 380, a case of 9mm and a case of .223.

Order came fast and I was impressed with the quality. I was surprised by the "gold bullets" but quickly got over it due to the quality. I weighed around 100 .223 and every one of them weighed 55gr. The 9mm and the 380 were within +-.2 gr. That's good enough for me.

So far I've fired over 100 rounds of 223 and I was impressed by the retention of bullet weight. I found one bullet that weighed in at 47grains after it had buried itself into the berm.

As far as the PO'd (pun intended) postman, I order enough bullets and brass to merit slipping him a gift certificate. Even if he didn't, he gets payed to do his job. Ironically its be me and you the taxpayer. . . . . :rolleyes:

CrustyFN

jepp2 I was looking at the 38 cal bullets but the 223 bullets look like a good price also. I might have to order both. Thanks for posting the targets.

I purchased some in 9 mm to see which I liked. I then got a case of the 115 grain HP and a case of the 124 FMJ. Those ship and click boxes are rather heavy and the post person won't even try moving the box. They just leave a note to pick them up at the post office. I wonder why she does that? The quality is good and they work well for me. The hollow points were slightly better in accuracy then the 115 grain FMJ and the difference in price is not much per case. Shipping was included in the price but they did add insurance to it. The insurance cost was if I remember right a buck or two.

Sport45

Montana Gold Bullets are good. I bought a bunch of them before I discovered cast bullets.

You should also check out Rocky Mountin Reloading as a potential bullet source. I believe the owner is an active member here. I haven't bought anything from him yet, but his prices are great and I've never read a bad word about the outfit.

CrustyFN

Thanks for all of the replys it helped a lot. I will be ordering the 38's soon and the 223 in a month or so.

BigJimP

yes, I've shot thousands of them ...in 9mm, .40S&W, .45 acp, .38 spl and .357 mag, and .44 mag....

They're a very high quality product / good prices ...and because they are a true jacketed bullet ....they are accurate and way more consistent than what I consider to be the best of the plated bullets ( Berry's Mfg).

Good company, easy to deal with ...good product.../ how can you lose..