Montana Gold bullets

Guy B. Meredith

Anyone tried them? They refer to the bullets as jacketed, but in quantity they are cheaper than West Coast Bullets' prices under the new ownership of AccuraBullet. I have been told they are "the best around". Is that just one man's opinion?

J.D.B.

I buy them by the case at Michigan Ammo. I really like them. I use the 180hp in my 10mm for removing pesky bowling pins from tables. Michigan Ammo is a loader for mostly competition shooters and a couple P.D.'s in the area. Yes, they are jacketed, with what appears to be the same alloy as a brass case. Good service and price, too. Also they are neat looking when assembled as the case and bullet are the same color and the ammo looks all of a piece.
Try some for yourself to be sure.
Josh

Jeeper

They were by far the most used bullet at the USPSA nationals last year. I have about 50K through my current barrel and it still groups like new. Even if I had to replace my barrel today think of what I have spent in ammo and match fees shooting 50K compared to what the new barrel will cost. The new barrel would be irrelevant. The wearing down a barrel thing is a myth about MG bullets.

Johnny Guest

Moderator in Memoriam
So far, so good - -

I just finished loading up the last of an order of 2,000 .45 230 FMJs with 5.6 of W231. Most of them have been fired through a '28 Thompson, and a couple of hundred through various pistols. The price is good, the quality is high. I'll be getting some more. :)

Johnny