Montana gold 115 gr. fmj.

iblong

Mornning every one,Im looking for a little load help.Ive been loading mostly lead for my M&P 9 and want to start loading some Montana Gold 115 FMJ.
For when I have to shoot indoors,I started shooting IDPA this summer so I need to make the minnor PF.I plan on working up my own loads but would like a nudge in the right direction so I dont have to burn up all my hard to get primners.At this time Im limmited to three powders,Unique,w231 and blue dot.
Im thinking that the 231 will be my choice as it meters pretty well.
What would be a good starting point with powder and aol.Im thinking about
4.6 gr 231 alo of about 1.13 does this sound about right?
any help would be greatly apreciated.
Thanks,Bob.

tomfish1

I've been loading 5.3gr of Unique @ 1.125 in my XD9 5" and it shoots real smooth and I love how full the unique fills the case. Very hard to double charge. Could probably back it down to 5.1 and it would be fine too but that 5.3 is not max.

kostner

Montana Gold

I use Montana gold 115 over 5 grains of Unique for my wife and the way it fills the case is a real plus. This is not a max. load but getting close. good luck .

I shoot that bullet a lot. I actually use the MG CMJ instead of the FMJ, but for loading purposes there isn't any difference.

I also use W231 a lot for my .45 ACP loads, but for some reason I have not yet used it for 9mm.

So far I've been pretty happy with 4.6 grains of Bullseye behind that the MG 115. I may have to try some 231 with this bullet just to see how it handles.

arizona98tj

5.0 gr. of Unique behind a Berry's 115 gr TMJ, 1.150" OAL, yields 1130 FPS out of my XD9 4". I would imagine your MG 115 FMJ could be pretty close to the same.