'Molwn Labe'

SaberOne

At the risk of appearing totally unaware, what is special about a "Molwn Labe" revolver? From what I can see or find on the web, this is an encryption on the gun. Initially, I was thinking this was somehow a tricked out or finely tuned variant. However, I couldn’t find any tangible information beyond the somewhat ‘cool words’ printed on the side of the frame.

jrothWA

The saying is attributed to...

Leonidas,leader of the 300 Spartans.

When challenged to lay-down his arms, he responded "Molon Labe", meaning

COME AND GET THEM!

Webleymkv

"Molon labe" is probably not the model of the gun itself but either a limited run (like the Heller v. DC J-Frames that S&W makes now) or simply something that was engraved there by the previous owner. I highly doubt that it has special features, other than cosmetic ones like grips, finish, or the engraving itself, over a regular production model.

Hedge313

It is an apt phrase on your weapon, however it came to be on the gun. All gunowners should live by the phrase, as our rights are being stolen from us on a daily basis. How we came to a place that requires an individual to purchase something, I will never know. We are all created equal, but now we are not as equal as union members, because they will not pay taxes on their healthcare benefits. As for the rest of us, I guess we do not matter. I hope and pray to God that the good folks in the great state of Mass vote RIGHT on Tuesday. Stand up for your rights, or your kids will not have them!

RJay

Good old Leonidas and his 300 Spartans. Everyone seems to forget that he also had 7000 Greek infantry with him, and when he stayed behind as a rear guard, 1100 Greeks stayed and died with him. He and his 300 did not fight by them self but thats all most people know.:confused: