Mohawk 44 mag

KMAX

Is there such a thing as a Mohawk 44 magnum single action revolver? Maybe it was a Blackhawk but she said Mohawk. It wasn't a very good pic I saw. It had a barrel about 12" long including the compensator. Relative of a friend wanted to sell I think. Thanks.

Bob Wright

O.K. I'll jump in. I've never heard of the Mohawk revolver, of any caliber. Not to say there is, or was, not such a thing. Certainly not a Blackhawk, having a compensator.

Having said that, somebody is certain to post a photo of some obscure six shooter called a Mohawk.

Bob Wright

KMAX

Got to look at the photo again. No compensator. It was ported. I am guessing it is a Super Blackhawk. I think I can see printing on the barrel but can't make any of it out. Not a very good picture at all. I was just wondering if maybe there might have been a model called Mohawk. Friend is supposed to get me more info before I give him any opinions on whether he should buy it.

kozak6

Look at the shape of the trigger guard. If it's a squared Dragoon style trigger guard, it's a Blackhawk.

Having said that, somebody is certain to post a photo of some obscure six shooter called a Mohawk.

Since you brought it up...

n1qr2c.jpg

Google says they made a few hundred in the 1870's. No .44 mags though. It's probably not one of these.