Modified M14 or FAL magazine to fit Savage Scout?

3006mv

Any info on how to do this would be appreciated. Was wondering if it is possible to do and fit and function. The new Savage Scout is a staggered center feed affair.

tINY

You are going to have to do some machining. Get an M1a and an FAL to look at.

If I remember right, Clinton chopped up a bunch of M14s. I saw them on the gun show tables for a while. Getting the paddle release from one of those shouldn't be too expensive.

-tINY

3006mv

tINY I was wanting to modify a magazine and not my rifle, are you talking about adding a paddle release to my Savage?

tINY

That would be what I would look at doing. Feeding would be a puzzle to solve... the FAL and M14 both feed from one side and then the other, not the center.

Is there some reason you want a bigger mag in a bolt action rifle?

I believe that the Steyr scout has 10 round magazines available.

But as far as welding the bottom of another magazine to the Savage magazine, I'd be looking at G3 mags... I have a 40 rounder that is made from a couple of magazine bodies - they seem to hold up to a mig welder pretty well.

-tINY

3006mv

thanks for the info. reason i would like one is because i reload and it would be handy to be able to fire off say a string of 10 rounds over my chrony. the factory mags only hold 4 rounds. i may just end up buying a few more factory mags. i will ask around about the hk mags, is that the only center feed out there?