Moderatorship

Schmit

Staff Alumnus
I don’t know exactly why or what I’ve done/haven’t done but Rich asked me if I would consider joining Mykl being a Moderator for this Forum. I expressed my concern about my limited experience but that didn’t seem to phase Rich. So… I is now a Moderator.

Those of you that have been here on TFL a while will notice that my screen name has changed. I explained why in a post in General Discussion (The Gunny formerly known as David). Though the name has chance (for TFL purposes) all else remains the same.

Guess I need to tell a little about myself. I was born on a cold… no only kidding

Seriously though. My bonifies are limited. After discovering that the Corps would only take me so far with firearms training I embarked upon a quest to acquire more knowledge/skill outside the Corps. Initially with handguns but, of course, that evolved to also include long arms. Mostly my quest has been personal but I have also had limited “formal” training. Not being competitive by nature I only compete against and challenge myself.

I’ve been involved in on-line BBs for over 6 years. Like the other members I do this to learn from others and am extremely grateful for what others have taught. I still have a lot to learn and will pass on any knowledge I may possess… for that is the firearm heritage!

I’ve been married (happily) for 18 years to my lovely wife Cindy. She has bore me three angles and one hellion (Tiffany, Olivia, Sigorney (aka Sig) & Colt). When not trying to make a living or running after the kids I mostly am doing something firearms related. As luck would have it I’m located very near a range… oh all right… I can shoot from my porch (but only out to 125 yds or so ;) ). Due to the childrens sucking most excess monies earned I can’t shoot as much as I’d like and am only now (after settling down from Military life) starting to reload so I can shoot more.

Don’t know what else to tell y’all. My only hope is that I can live up to Rich’s and the other Administrator’s/Moderator's expectations. I plan on giving it a hell of a try.

------------------
Schmit
GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

MissileCop

Gunny,
Don't sweat it. I'm sure you'll do fine as a moderator. From your posts, I have found you to be level headed, educational, and humorous (kid's pics especially! BTW, which one's the hellion? ;) ). I'm envious of your backyard range, but who wouldn't be?
I don't think you'll have too many problems with most of us here, but don't be afraid to crack the whip if one of us gets out of line.

------------------
Times have changed, but the nature of man hasn't. That's why I always go to AA, "Alert and Armed". :)

Grayfox

Welcome Gunny,
Don't worry about not being the world's greatest expert on firearms. The reason we come here is to learn and that includes you.
Besides, the moderator's job is more like riot control. I think a Marine makes a good choice for that. :D

------------------
Strength is the outcome of need; security sets a premium on feebleness. H.G. Wells The Time Machine

Bud Helms

Good on you, Gunny.

Check Six.

------------------
Sensop

"Put the spirit at center and the body will find it." - Shino Takazawa, sinsei, hachi dan, Keishinkan do.
(Get your mind right and the body will follow.)
Sensop's Corner

foxfire

At Ease Men!

Greetings Gunny,
Looking forward to 'absorbing' all of the knowledge in this forum as well.... :)

------------------
...save the 2nd., for it saves us all.
No fate but what we make...

Rosco Benson

Schmit is being way too modest. He brings a wealth of practical "using" knowledge to the forum. He may not be able to recite the diameter and pitch of a Krag buttplate screw, but as to hitting what needs to be hit, we all ought to sit up and take notice. He has been published in COMBAT HANDGUNS magazine (and perhaps elsewhere as well) and is a fine choice as moderator.

Rosco

Schmit,

Welcome to your new foxhole.
The MRE's are in the "pit" along with the grenades.
Your fields of fire are clear to 2.5Klix, w/o defilades.
FPF is O/O - but no RAP.
Danged glad to have you in the fray!

Mykl
(PS: the CO2 fire extinguisher is to keep your barrel cool... ;) )

Schmit

Staff Alumnus
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Schmit is being way too modest.[/quote]

:eek: Not IMO (and I'm sure others) Rosco. But thanks never the less.

------------------
Schmit
GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Schmit-
We invited you in for your noted lack of humor...anyone wanna buy that?! Seriously, thanks so much for pitchin' in. We may have some another noted addition here next month.

Clearly your humility has been outed by Rosco, who I'm told, sees all! Welcome aboard...and I promise not to call a workin' man "Sir"!
Rich

blades67

Semper Fi Gunny! :cool:

Good on ya! :D

------------------
Guns cause crime like spoons cause Rosie O'Donnell to be fat!

~David~

May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.