• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Moderators

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
I ain't one here but...

If you look at their join date many are either charter members or been here since Christ was but a corporal... I think the "being noticed" part is 100% based on their knowledge, tact, and quality participation in discussion...
Brent

Al Norris

Moderator Emeritus
Length of time on TFL has only as much to do with "being noticed," as it has being able to identify:
hogdogs said:
I think the "being noticed" part is 100% based on their knowledge, tact, and quality participation in discussion...

Obviously, a short time and few posts, a long time and few posts, or a short time and many posts doesn't give much to base a judgment upon. There has to be a balance.

When you post, are you knowledgeable about what you are discussing? Do you try to write with proper English and good spelling? If someone attacks you, do you shrug it off and continue as if the other person(s) wrote nothing? Do you attack the others argument without attacking the person?

Do you post in the proper forum? Do you refrain from posting in threads that are simply stirring the pot?... or in the wrong forum? Do you attempt to raise the bar at TFL, instead of wrestling in the mud?

Those are the things I look at. I can't say what the other moderators look for.

Scattergun Bob

Brent

Wow Tact, no wonder they did not want you or me!:D

To amp on hogdogs, some of these folks are in this industry and REAL GOOD at their craft!

Good Luck & Be Safe

Wildalaska

Do you attempt to raise the bar at TFL, instead of wrestling in the mud?

No wonder I'm in the low member status, I look just horrible in a thong all covered with mud...remember John Candy in Stripes :)

WildofftoObamasaleday10Alaska ™

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
I would rather imagine a 360 pound boarhog with 3 inch tusks and a bad attitude in a thong than some overweight grumpy alaskan gun dealer guy in a thong...
Brent