Model 95 7x57 Mauser Questions

bigbird34

Hello, Folks, For a winter project I'm redoing a Mauser 95 in 7mmx57 for a good friend of mine,I have stripped the gun down and have sanded the stock down so that I can apply some tung oil on it ,I also need to update the military floor plate so it can be opened by a finger versus a spire point bullet (I need ideas here)...the trigger is an aftermarket and adjustable so that's not an issue....I may either reblue the barrel and action,or have a anodized finsish done to it this will be up to the owner of the gun....But What I'd really like to do is have an engraved pistol grip cap made for it ,if the price is reasonable....but I don't know where I can purchase a pistol grip cap,does anyone here know where I can ???????
Thanks BB34

I just bought a custom '95 Mauser in 7 X 57 from the local toy store... I have not picked it up yet... but will post pics when I do...

I'm looking forward to learning what all has been done to the gun, as ( outwardly ) it has a sporter stock, been glass bedded, barrel shortened & crowned, it wears a scope, so the bolt has been turned...

good luck with your project, & post pics when you can...

Hemicuda

Here's an idea for you...

I have a buncha customized Mausers... Dad built most of them in the 70's and 80's...

take the screw out of the bolt-release mechanism...

take the bolt-release mechanism to the jewelry-store

have them clamp it in the engraving machine and engrave your friends name and the year (2008) that the gun was rebuilt... (do this AFTER you re-blue the parts!)

skip the engraved pistol-grip pad...