Model 94 Takedown

snakestrikeace

I was recently at my local gun store the other day when I picked up a winchester brochure and was thumbing through it when I noticed they were making a model 94 takedown. This peaked my curiosity as I have been looking to replace my last model 94 30-30 that through a series of unfortunate events I no longer have. This rifle has always held a special place with me and I would love to replace it and this new takedown model would be an awesome addition to my collection. So I was wondering if anyone has had the chance to get a hold of one or used one, and their thoughts on the rifle as far as quality and reliability or any other input that might be helpful.

OJ

Those take-down models have been around almost as long as the 94 has - so I think the quality and reliability is the same as the solid models -

PetahW

The new take-down Model 94, like all the rest of the Model 94's since 2006 when the New Haven CT plant closed down, is made in Japan to very high quality/standards by the same Miroku Gun Co that's long made various Browning firearms (since the mid-70's).

The new "Winchester's" ARE lawyered-up, however - complete with a tang safety and rebounding hammer (no safety notch ).

Last edited: