Model 620 Frame Questions

dallasconundrum

I am pretty sure that I will soon be getting a S&W Model 620, and was just wondering about the grip frame. Is it round or square butt? Or are they available in both? Also, if it is round, will either style of Hogue Monogrip (square or round) work on it? I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but by the way the monogrip fits on the gun I wasn't sure if either style could work. Basically, what I want to do if it is round-butt is get a grip that gives it the square appearance and feel.

P.S. If you read one of my previous posts, I guess you now know that I decided against the 627...I just can't justify spending that much on myself right here before Christmas. :rolleyes:

JoeHatley

I don't have a620, but it should be round butt. Hogue sells a "conversion" grip that fitts a round butt, but has the profile of a square butt.

Good Luck...

Joe

croyance

S&W went with all round butts in the '90s.
I think you can only use grips made for round butts (or at least that is the only one which won't leave a gap. As said, there are grips that make the contour like that of a square butt grip.

dallasconundrum

Thanks guys, you can tell it has been some time since I have bought a NEW S&W. I was thinking that I had heard they went to all round butt though. Hopefully I will have some pictures up soon.