Model 36 and other J-Frame questions.

croyance

What is the difference between the regular S&W 36 and the Ladysmith 36? Just got the first and saw the second in another store. The grips are different, but other than that and the lettering, I can't tell how they changed it.

What makes the S&W 37 different from the 36?

Have J-frames gotten beefier? Years ago, new to guns, I was looking at concealable guns because I was going to move to a CCW state. I looked at J-frames because so many recommend it, but they looked bigger than the 36 does to me now. It is possible that at that store, they were all .357 Magnum J-frames. The S&W 36 look and feel so small and slim enough that I can't see that I would pass it to go for a mildly flatter Kahr, as I did then.

Oh, can anybody recommend grips that fill in the inner curve more and perhaps give me a place to put my little finger the way the Crimson Grips do? Preferably in wood and one that won't get in the way of a speed loader.

Usually the LS models are made from a lighter material like Titanium but in the case of them36 the only real difference I can notice is a slightly shorter over-all length and a different grips.

Majic

The LS has stocks designed for a female. Supposedly the action was redesigned . Originally there was no difference in weight as the M36 was a steel revolver even in the LS configuration. While the M36 is made of steel the M37 is the lightweight alloy version. All J-frames are now the J-Magnum frames and bigger than the original models.
The factory has a stock that may fit your needs:
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=16254&training=

croyance

Stocks designed for a female? There just isn't that much gripping surface to start with - how are they different? I like the fact that the grips are deeper (or whatever correct adjective fits).

Thanks for the link.

Daniel BOON

my wifes mdl 36

I bought my wife a LS mdl 36; its blue steel, and has laminated wood stock. I can't see any difference between it and other mdl 36. but it does carry very nice in a milt sparks iwb. she takes it out of the drawer on occasion and pets it.

Gonzo_308

the LS model is lighter because they removed some metal when they etched "LADYSMITH" in the frame.

other than that and the fancy schmancy grips...there's no difference.

THe model 37 is the alloy frame.