Model 27 cylinder sticks

Icopy

I own two S&W Model 27 revolvers. One 3 1/2 and one 4". I just bought the 4" model and have troubles with the cylinder sticking on one chamber. This 4" model 27 was built in 1980, so it has the recessed cylinder. When the cylinder is closed, everything works as it should. But when open the cylinder I have problems. I can open the cylinder as smooth as silk on all but one chamber. On this one chamber, the cylinder hesistates when I try to open it. I can't figure out why. I didn't notice it when I first bought it. I only noticed after my gunsmith install a new ejector pin. (The original pin was missing.) Could this be the cause? I'm at a loss.

stans

I am thinking that the extractor star is dragging on the recoil plate. Either debris under the extractor star, although I would think this would bind all of the chambers, or a bent or poorly fitted extractor. Also check barrel/cylinder gap. There could be carbon or lead build up on the cylinder and/or forcing cone.

UBoatCaptain

m-27 sticking

ICOPY,
Yes, it is your cylinder pin needs to be fit. It is not a drop in part. Send me a private message and I will describe a bit more for you. Fortunately, I am one of the few guys that knows wheel guns. UBoatCaptain