model 1924 Yugo

hooligan1

I have a model 1924 Yugo "short rifle", everytime I shoot that rascal the bayonet lug and barrel band slide to the front.
What's the very best solution to nip this in the bud?

James K

Member In Memoriam
I removed a previous post.

On rereading your post, it seems the bayonet lug is moving. If that is the case, the pin that attaches it to the stock must be missing. It is easily made from the correct diameter nail.

Jim

James K

Member In Memoriam
That sounds like the stock is coming apart at a "duffle cut", but that seems unlikely as Yugo rifles were not often seen as WWII souvenir rifles.

Hooligan, I think we need pictures, before and after of what is happening.

Jim

hooligan1

I need the assistance of Taylorce1, to post pics because I can't get it figured out. He had surgery yesterday so maybe by the end of the weekend.
Those Springs hold the bayonet shroud tight to the bayonet lug because it's pinned to it, the spring has a pin. The barrel band that holds that assembly to main stock has a spring that is stipple and it doesn't hold very well, I'm giving some thought to drilling and pinning this barrel band to its stipple spring.
This barrel band has 2 sling loops, one for side position, one for bottom position, the problem might also be that this band is not as tight on main stock as it should be....
James thanks for that link, I saved it for later viewing when I can get time I will identify my rifle..

hooligan1

According to the link it's a 1937, Military Institute build.
Also straight bolt handle, so artillery or engineers.

hooligan1

Fellas, I think the problem has been solved.
I took an old brass cleaning rod that I had laying around, and threaded it into the original cleaning rod nut within the stock, cut it off just longer than bayonet lug. Then I silver soldered and old 30-06 case, via primer pocket to the cleaning rod and cut off excess case making a long brass screw. This holds everything very tight into a solid group..... as long as the rods threads don't strip under recoil, my plan will work...
What say you fellas?....also no original parts have been compromised during this operation.:)