model 19 , worth ...

1/2 cocked

$400. New in box (but no box) , chrome, 4" lovely finger grooved grips, think it was made in 1984. I want it-- is it worth that price?

GunsnRovers

seems high

Seems high even compared to California prices.

Just saw a nice P&R'd blue M19 for $299. Not NIB, but very very clean.

Jeff

bountyh

I'd pay $400 for a tight NIB model 19 if the gaps were in spec and all the tubes were in line. mainly, because the new SW's I've been looking at weren't. I have an older nickle Model 10, I think the older guns were built better. If you like the gun, buy it. The new ones all have those stupid locks and look like they were final tested by Stevie Wonder.

C.R.Sam

Depending on the factory options on it and the exact description...
I would retail it at between $250 and $300.

Sam

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Greeting's All,

The $400 price tag seems high to me also!:eek: Since
it has no box; it probably won't come with the spec
sheet, warranty card, and Smith & Wesson screw-
driver!

I personally would not want to give that figure for
it; but then again, it really depends on how bad you
want it? If in LNIB condition, probably $275.00 would
be my absolute highest bid!:) :cool: :D

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

dewey

Yes, too high.

I buy and sell a bit in the SE and $400 is $100 too high. That figure is reserved for nice N Frames, not Ks. Lay 3 large on him and see what he does. GOOD LUCK ! dewey

CZ Gunner

Price is high ... keep shopping around. You might take a look at one of the gun auction sites, such as www.gunbroker.com . Would at least help you get an idea what people are asking (not necessarily getting) for them.

Good luck.

Litlman

Two months ago I got a 6 inch blued modle 19 with the box and papers and with presentation grips on it for $325. Very nice trigger .

Litlman............................................................

1/2 cocked

It's for sale at a store. It's chrome , looking at the cylinder it has had two rounds fired ( factory test ?). Looking around town it seems a fair but top end price. I believe it is a 19-4 and was made 11/84.

C.R.Sam

Chrome ?
Extremely unlikely that would be a factory finish.

If it truly is chrome, and not factory, I would not shoot it unless it came with cert of passivation with serial number from a reputable plater.

Sam