Model 15 restoration

38snapcaps

A fellow at work offered to sell me this model S&W. It was involved in a house fire and got thrown out the window into the yard, but not exposed directly to flame. He said its not in too bad of shape, he'll bring it by tomorrow for me to look it over.

What would you say the gun is worth and what do you think S&W would charge to resore it?

DPris

Member Emeritus
There is no way to answer your question without photos of the damage, the Model # INCLUDING dashes, and the age of the gun.
If you included any of those, they didn't show on my computer.
Denis

HSMITH

If it didn't get too hot I would be interested in it. I wouldn't restore it either, I would just shoot the snot out of it until it needed mechanical repair and then have it repaired and refinished.

Hammer It

A High quality Refinisher "Ford's In Florida"

Hello
A fire damaged firearm is a tough call, depending on how much heat it suffered and the extent of damage from it. I have had very Positive results and suggest using Ford's refinishing in Florida for refinishing that revolver. They do one at a time like it was their own. They take pride in their work and have a great following of repeat business due to their high quality standard's set. I have heard mixed reviews of the current quality issues coming from S&W so have sent my Last 4 to Ford's, and they came back better than the original factory mas produced finish. Here is an E-mail address to them, and I would ask them their opinion as S&W may shy away from refinishing one that has been through a house fire or Hot, and may have deep Pitting from this or if it was hot enough may have crystalized the Metal. I hope this helps, Hammer it.
http://www.fordsguns.com/