model 1 sales

TCman

Why does everyone hate model 1? They have kits for $435. Who can beat the price for a complete kit?

fanoblack

Most of the issues that stem from Model 1 are related to their customer service, or should I say the lack of it. I have never dealt with them but I have read many horror stories over at AR15.com, so keep that in mind when buying.

fanoblack

benny429

I just bought my first kit from them. I ordered on a Friday, via their website. I received the kit the following Thursday.

I was a little worried, because I tried to call with a question at a time that would have been about 25 minutes before they closed for the day and the phone just rang and rang.

Ben Swenson

From an old post of mine on THR:
I've bought from them twice, and helped a friend build up a receiver from Model 1 parts.

1. I bought a "complete" lower parts kit for my first AR. After getting it home, I built it and found out it was missing the buffer (had the tube and the spring, but the buffer wasn't there).
2. I bought an upper receiver from them with a chamber so rough it would have failures to extract after a magazine or two.
3. My friend got a lower parts kit from them. One hammer/trigger pin was actually only half of a pin. I contacted them about this and they said they'd send a new one. They never did.

I won't buy from them again. They've screwed up every time I've tried to buy from them so far, and they've never done anything to try to fix their mistakes. My money will go elsewhere, and I won't suggest anyone else take the risk - but maybe it's just my bad luck.

If you do order from them, be sure to check every kit for parts and check all the parts for anything that looks out of the ordinary.
A lot of folks have no doubt gotten decent stuff from them, but considering that in the three times I've been involved with them, they've screwed it up every single time, I'm not willing to take that risk again.

yorec

Done two rifles from them - no problems, turned out reliable and accurate...

If you do order from them, be sure to check every kit for parts and check all the parts for anything that looks out of the ordinary.
Good advice no matter who's parts kit you buy.

Marlboro Man

I have purchased two uppers from them for rifles that I put together and have had nothing but good luck. I will buy more from them.:cool:

backbencher

Just built a lower from a Model 1 Sales parts kit. Trigger is very stiff, & the safety detent was oversize for the Stag Arms lower detent channel. I fixed that, but it did involve a hammer, a broken drill bit, and a punch. They also claimed I couldn't build a pistol, convert it into a rifle, then convert it back to a pistol, and refused to sell me an M-16 bolt. The flip side is they seem to have the cheapest new bbls out there, & they'll sell you one w/out a gas port if you like.

Gig 'em,

backbencher

Lycanthrope

An update on the "cheapest build" gun I built from Model 1. Got the lightweight/pencil barrel CAR gun kit and put it on a Stag lower.

Model1small.JPG

Took her out for some decent ammo. Here was a group with 69gr SMK under 24.5 of Varget at 100 yards. Not bad for a pencil barrel and a Holosight (no magnification).

Has me wondering if the extra $500 for my Clark Gator was worth the 1/10 inch. This group was 3/5th's MOA.

model1group.JPG

Silver Dollar

I have bought 3 kits from them.
Other than 1 kit that was missing the PG screw (which they promptly sent N/C) I've had excellent results dealing with them.