MODEL 1,J&T or DEL TON

railroader

I bought my mid-length kit from del-ton. I built it on a doublestar lower which is a good match. It runs great, good customer service too. I would recommend them. Mark

stmcelroy

None.

Get yourself a Stag Arms Complete upper and buy a lower parts kit for $60 at the same time.

You will have a much higher quality gun, at the same price of the lower quality stuff, IMHO.

Forwardassist

Del-ton, and J&T are pretty equal. I have a Del-ton A4 upper kit which I love. It is the same quality of a Stag or RRA at half the price. Remember their are only a handful of manufactures that make AR parts, most of the major manufactures only assemble the parts into a rifle. Del-ton uses the same CMT parts source as Stag (owned by CMT) and RRA. The barrels are also Wilson arms. The only difference is that sometimes Del-ton substitutes CMT for DPMS parts when they get a lower price. A Stag will always use CMT parts come with a better warranty but other than that they are very similar in quality.

chunk

thank you, forwardassist & everyone else .i bought my lower from del-ton, i may just buy my kit from them, i can't wait !!!

bigghoss

I have ordered parts from del-ton and aside from it taking forever for them to getting around to shipping my stuff I liked them.

if you're just going to plink with it it shouldn't make much differance. if you are going to shoot the crap out of it, and even stake your life on it, invest in something better.

dad23honu

I've got a Stag, a DPMS, a Del-Ton and a Model 1. Four uppers that I switch around on three lowers. All work great. Eat up everything I feed it (factory stuff and my hand loads). You won't be sorry with the Del-Ton. Have fun !! :D

Hedley

Del-ton has great prices and a well organized site. Just be sure to call in your order so you can see if what you're ordering is actually in stock. Even then, you're still likely to get a "Sorry, we're out-of-stock" email 2 weeks after you paid. Happened to me...twice. They always have a friendly voice when you call though. They're just swamped.

kittyhawk

For a Upper look up P&K firearms.com they are Great.
I got a Saber Defence 16 Middy upper for a Super price.
Then get a Stag/CMT parts kit for your lower.

I will be ordering a 16 M-4 Saber from them next month.

Dave