Mk23 Socom

mikikanazawa

I picked one up a few months ago. It's seen a lot of "action" at the range. I expect it to shoot and wear like my USP Expert, which is to say, "very accurately" and "very little," respectively.

It's a big gun and I'm not a real big guy, but I can handle it and wield it comfortably, but a 1911 is a little easier for me.

M4A3

Cool

I love HK hand guns. Just becuse thay way they are set up, and made. I also like the fact that they have big grips. The SOCOM seems to be the ultamate pistol.

WillBrayjr

Ultimate pistol, I don't think so. I have shot the Socom. It handles well but the grip is very blocky for me. As to the price, Hell no they're not worth that much. In reality they should be around maybe $1,000.00 brand new. Think about it, it doesn't cost that much to build the Socom.

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
The SOCOM seems to be the ultamate pistol.

Then for you it is probably worth the tariff.

Objectively, its pricetag is due to its scarcity and cachet, not its ultimateness. :)

Foxy

I recently purchased one at a gunshow for $1284 out the door (you can read about it here).

It is a fine firearm. I've only put about four hundred rounds through it since I've purchased it (was finishing up my master's degree - I was busy!), but it hasn't jammed once, and is very accurate.

It is a big firearm, but not THAT big (the grip is smaller than a Desert Eagle's - not as deep front to back, I think).

The hard part is finding accessories - magazines are rare, the flashlight costs $1200-$1500, holsters are almost universally the drop-leg type (and still hard to find).

Still, would I pay $2,000 for it? Nope. $1500? Maybe. $1284? Absolutely.

mk23holster.jpg

boofus

Damn, wish I had found a 'used' one that cheap. I wonder if the seller confused the Mark 23 with the tactical and thought he was ripping you off at that price. :p

Here's mine with the Wilcox Beamer light and SWR HEMS suppressor.
hems45.jpg

It's the nicest shooting pistol I have. Most people that try shooting it suppressed can't believe it's a .45acp. All that weight and the suppressor practically eliminates the recoil. Course it probably weighs 5 lbs too. :D

M4A3

boofus, that is one sweet peace of hardware!!!! I only wish I could own a supressor in Mn.

If I could, i'd have one on the M4. :D

Socom

SEALS find it to be reliable but they long ago nick-named that gun "the Brick"
Nice peace... but my Compact USP 40 is more my size.....

Great weapon.