MK23 gone..seals op for beretta

sks

This subject is as varied as the caliber debates. I've read that they use H&Ks, a SEAL told me that they mostly use P226s, some have posted that they now use Glocks.

So the real answer I guess is that, while interesting, it really doesn't matter because any of the above mentioned handguns are superb. If anyone doesn't think so then just send your extras to me. :D

-Yo-

SOCOM is more than SEALs

From what I've heard and read, the SEAL teams never really gave up the Sig 226. The HK mk23 is a SOCOM gun and as such, was created for Delta Force and other units (including SEALS) under the SOCOM umbrella. The HK is big, but it provides a good platform when a silenced, highly accurate shot is needed. The .45 acp is superior for silencing because it is subsonic.

The SEALs may have decided that need was uncommon as they have silenced 9mm HK mp5s in there arsenals.

Yo

Silent-1

SEALs DO NOT and WILL NOT use Berretas. Glocks ARE NOT allowed in the Teams. The SEALs use ISSUED weapons. The Sig P226 is what every SEAL is issued, the MK23 and the S&W 686 are also available.

The P226 is by far the most used by the operators. The MK23 and the 686 are mainly used on long dive ops.