Mixed brand dies OK with Lee Classic Turret?

NWPilgrim

Ok, guys I finally bought a second press, Lee Classic Turret. I have loaded thousands of rounds on my Lee Challenger single stage, but ran my ammo down to where I have thousands of empties.

I was planning to some day add a turret press as I have no real desire to do a progressive, but wanted less changing of dies than a single stage.

So now I have a couple of Lee die sets but several RCBS and a couple of Hornady sets as well. Any reason that the RCBS and Hornady dies won't work with the Lee turret press?

I got the safety primer and auto disk powder measure attachments (with the riser). Does the powder measure go on a separate station or do I need a "powder through" die?

I can't hardly believe I won't b using just my little press anymore, kind of exciting to have a second press to work with. Thanks for your help.

CrustyFN

Yes the other brand dies will work on the classic turret. The only thing is you will need the Lee powder die to be able to use the pro auto disk. The powder charging die will come with the Lee die set. You will want the auto disk riser to keep the powder measure from hitting the safety prime. This is what it will look like when the dies are setup.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Hope this helps.
Rusty

Crosshair

CrustyFN is 100% correct, the dies will work fine. I would go ahead and get some powder through dies for your non-lee dies. They are worth the money.