Mix Or Match?

roy reali

A good friend of mine is die-hard wingshooter. Most of the guns he owns are shotguns. I believe they are all Browning over-unders. He has them in most of the common gauges. They are of different barrel lenghts and grades, but they serve his shooting purposes. He does own two guns that don't fit this category, he has a rimfire rifle and a 40 caliber Glock. When he tells me that he has purchased a new gun, I know what he got.

The shooting range I used to frequent had this fellow that must own an example of every old bolt action, battle rifle ever made. He always had three or four of them at every time I saw him at the range. He even had Carcanos in his collection. I never saw him with any other sort of firearm.

I look at my gun collection and I see no patterns at all. I have shotguns and rifles. I have semi-auto pistols and six-shooters. I have old guns and new guns. I have guns for plinking, for hunting, and for gathering dust. I have a sample of a gun from most manufacturers. In fact, when I decide to get a new firearm, I tend to look for something as different from anything I own as possible. I know guys that have at least a dozen Smith and Wesson double action revolvers. If I have such a gun in my collection, I avoid getting another one. I might get a double action made by Ruger, that is if I don't currently have one.

So, does your gun collection have any rhyme or reason to it? Or does you gun collection have little or no logic to it, like mine?

10-96

I'm like you, my... amassing, assortment, gatherment (??? hate to call it a collection) is whatever tickled my fancy at the time I had money to burn.

Standing Wolf

Member in memoriam
So, does your gun collection have any rhyme or reason to it? Or does you gun collection have little or no logic to it, like mine?

Yes.

I think there's a logic to it; I doubt anyone else would perceive it.

CRUE CAB

The only thing that is running theme in my "collection" is they are all guns I like very much. And I like alot of different guns.