Mistakes made

Don P

The video is of a traffic stop gone bad.
WARNING THIS IS GRAPHIC.
What could have been done differently? What would you have done in this situation? Anything different? Many things that can be learned from this. Retreat and wait for backup?

Last edited:

Ricklin

Indeed

While you may not know it, that file is now stored in your 'cloud' IE it's on the internet on a server, a very small part of that server is 'yours'

Do not grant access to the entire world. Provide a link to the original file, from where ever you got it.

One of the issues you could encounter is copyright law by providing access through your cloud account.

That's why it works for you, and no one else. That's what it is supposed to do.

Darn stupid computer always does what I tell it to do, not what I want it to do.

Don P

I'll try to transfer the video to my PC being it's on my phone and see if I can get it to work

Skans

I'll try to transfer the video to my PC being it's on my phone and see if I can get it to work

Just summarize what happened. I hate having to watch videos most of the time, and prefer reading a summary of what someone wants to discuss.

Don P

Traffic stop. Driver is confrontational from the get go. Repeated commands to get away from his vehicle. Goes into vehicle comes out shooting. Officer has to do a reloaded. Fumbled the reload and when he finally gets eyes on the subject he gets shot. Officer calls for help on the radio and then is shot multiple time loosing his life in the process. The driver is heard cursing and telling the officer he's going to die.

Don P

For those asking I have fixed the link so now it can be opened from my opening post or here

Last edited:

Don P

Don't know what state or the age of the video. No of that info was supplied with the clip. Just went through the info. It happened in Georgia

Dufus

The link still doesn't work. The address says it is your gmail account. You prolly don't want us in there.

Any link that starts with "mail.something.xxxx" is an email account.

Don P

Being I'm not a computer wiz I'm having trouble changing the video to one that has it's own link. I'm working on it.

TRX

> Officer has to do a reloaded. Fumbled the reload

I can't see a video link either. But from what's in the thread: the officer missed someone within spitting distance at least five times? Or for most modern police pistols, seventeen times?

Then fumbled the reload?

Whatever else happened, there are two major issues that stand out:

a) the officer failed to keep control of the situation

and b) did not make effective use of his weapon

While it would be easy to rag on the officer, this sort of thing is usually the result of poor or nonexistent training and Standard Operating Procedures.

It *might* have been a confluence of special circumstances and bad luck, but my bet is that the real problems are riding desks back at the station.