missfires

eldermike

Today I had 4 PMC factory 223 rounds missfires in my remington bolt action rifle. I shot about 50 of my loads and was just shooting a box of factory to get the brass. I tried the missfires in my AR and one fired on the second try, the other 3 did not fire after many tries.

This was recent purchase ammo and I have a bunch of it. Anyone else experience anything like this?

FrankenMauser

PMC sucks.
I'm sorry that I can't be more eloquent, but that's all it boils down to.

It's quite possible that the cases had small flash holes, obstructed flash holes, no flash holes, or possibly even no powder.

Spats McGee

Administrator
Man! You know times are tough when you see this:
eldermike said:
. . . .I shot about 50 of my loads and was just shooting a box of factory to get the brass. . . .
Here, I thought buying factory ammo was getting tough. I can only imagine what you reloaders must be going through if you're shooting up factory loads just to get the brass.

eldermike

Found the problem. Shoulder is to far back, out of spec. I pulled the bullets and the cases will go full down and deeper on a full length resize die with finger pressure.

Mr McGee, that's funny.

SycoPath

I believe PMC is made in South Korea. The company manufactures other things and also wants to be known for quality ammunition.

eldermike

I packed an inertia puller and a hand press with a seating die. On the next missfire I will move the bullet out and then set it back so it jams into the lands. If that works (it will), I will think about pulling a few hundred more.