MISR RIFLES(AK)

KML

Does anybody have one of these new ak's with pistol grip?I have ssen several ads for these at good prices($300-400),but have not seen any in person.My local range said they are a hit and miss type rifle,in that one is good amd another is bad,some have front sights that are bent.They said not to order one,but if you can see one and it is in good shape to buy it.If that is the case does anybody know of anybody in the philadelphia area that has them in stock?

KEVIN

Third demon

kevin,check over at www.ak-47.net for some answers ,they have a forum similar to TFL...IMO I would look for a used/LNIB Maadi,mak90,or even better a sa93 or slr95..The MISR-90 is a hit and miss situation(as your dealer said)but if you are still intrested I would suggest finding some that has a few in stock and personally picking out the best of the bunch!?!

------------------
Follow the white rabbit...

Fred S

KML:

I ordered one from SOG. Its appearance was kinda rough, but OK. It functioned very well and was fun to shhot. But... the front sight was canted to the left so the dab burned thing would hit 8 (!) feet to the right. I had to send it back. I'm awaiting a new one or repair.

I agree, if you can pick one, do so but I have yet to find a shop that carries more than one. One of our shops around here has one but he jacked the price up by $200!!

Dorsai

My experience was similar to Fred's. I ended up returning mine as well. The store I was at had 3. All had their front sights with a cant to the left. I did see one at another store that was straight, but I can't say I think much of their quality control.

------------------
Dorsai
Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys.
-- Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Bulldog

Dorsai and Fred,

How noticable was the cant to the left? Is it something you have to look really hard for, or is it fairly obvious?

The reason I ask is I just traded for one. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, and probably won't for the next couple of weeks, but I can't see any obvious cant to the front sight. (I did smooth up and refinish that putrid furniture however)

Fred S

Bulldog:

Sorry for the late reply, I was out of town.

On mine, I noticed the cant the minute I took it out of the box. It was quite obvious, if you can't notice any on yours, it should be OK.

Fred