Mini 9's and 40's

branrot

I've got a Kel-Tec P-11 and a Glock 27, I'm toying with the idea of a Kahr PM9, I'm waiting on the Rohrbaugh, and I've vaguely heard of the Lafrance Nova. My question is if anyone knows of any other similar guns on or about to come out on the market.

COK

Have you looked at the Smith & Wesson Chief's Special series, 9MM with a 3 inch barrel and in .40 and .45 with a 3.25 barrel? Maybe you want polymer where these have aluminum frames.

denfoote

Being a proud owner of an MK9, I think it would be a wise choice to get the Kahr!!

I still fight an admittedly losing battle against the Dark Side!!! ;)

Eric Larsen

As far as mini guns go. I have the most experience with Kahrs. All Ive shot have been wonderful. I highly recommend them.

The Rohrbaugh seems like its a very quality pc. Id love to see/handle/shoot one when available. Very spendy but the quality seems like a "one off" piece and may be well worth it.

I really dont know of any others in the PM/Rohrbaugh size.
The NAA .380 is there...but were going down in caliber.

I guess thats it....Shoot well

BloodyThumb

I took the bait, and I don't do that easily!

I have had a G27 for a while now, and had been contemplating giving it to my son as a backup for his G22 duty weapon. I found that most of the time when I could not carry on my belt, and I wanted to put something in a jacket, or pants pocket quickly, the G27 was just a bit too heavy. I did it anyway, but still did not see the 27 as being the perfect choice. Sometimes, depending on the destination, I would just take my Seecamp. While that is better than nothing, and very easily carried, I was always cognizant of the fact that is was just a .32. As a gun writer once said, "It's a nice thing to have with you when you can't carry a gun". I agree.

Last night, I stopped into a local shop, mainly just to chat. They had just gotten in the Kahr PM9. I have fired a couple of Kahr's over the last couple of years, mostly all steel MK9, and one P9. While the MK9 was a great size, it was still just too heavy, and the P9 just a little too large, either to replace the G27. All of the examples I have fired functioned perfectly and seem plenty accurate for their intended purpose.

HOWEVER, The PM9 seems to fit the bill just perfectly. A tad smaller than the 27, and considerably lighter than the 27, it almost seems a toy. Granted, a 9, not a 40, but then neither of these are my first choice for carry weapon, round, or mode, which is always a 1911 on the belt.

Anyway, I will post a report on the first range session with the PM9 soon. I had hoped that would come today, but I just learned of a family emergency, and I will be leaving this afternoon. Possibly the first range session will be tomorrow.

Assuming all goes well, the G27 will be headed my son's way soon.

BT

Last edited:

JGGonzalez

Welcome to the Kahr club!

I just bought an MK9 last month and I liked it so much I traded my 1911 for a new T9! These guns are really well built and accurate. I admit I've heard of problems with the polymer guns, but I haven't heard anything bad about the all-steel guns. I plan to carry my MK9 in a fanny pack once I get my license. I wear it around the house now to get used to it and I don't notice the weight. The T9 will be my IDPA match gun once it arrives next week.

I'm really sold on these guns, but I would like to see Kahr offer a set of rubber grips for the T9. If anyone out there agrees with me, please send an e-mail to frankharris@kahr.com and ask him to get those in the catalog. Frank is their VP of Mktg. and is a really nice guy.

I called customer service once to ask them about historical production modifications to the MK9. The rep on the phone wasn't sure, but then I heard some mumbling and Frank came on the phone and told me about the frame and grip modification in the early serial number ranges and how they thinned them out a little in response to customer feedback. Thanks to him, I recognized a Kahr I was considering as an early model, passed on it, and finally found a new model.