Mini 14 scope mount question

603Country

My neighbor has a new stainless Mini 14 Ranch Rifle and wants it scoped. I'll sell him one of my scopes (and get something fancier for myself), and I'll mount it for him and sight it in. Problem is that he can't find the rings for it, so I'll have to order them. Could one of you Mini 14 owners please tell me which height Ruger rings are standard for that rifle. The scope I'll provide is the Weaver V10, and the objective bell is not large (40mm or less). It's a nice rifle, and I'm interested in how it's going to shoot. And...if you're interested, the replacement scope for me is probably going to be either the Weaver V16 AO, or the Burris 4.5X14 FF1 E1. Any constructive comments or complaints by owners of either scope are very welcome.

TXGunNut

Check the box. That rifle came with rings last I heard. I believe they work well with the integral bases on that rifle.

603Country

The Mini 14 owner can't find the box or the rings, so new rings are in order. I'm sure I can find out on Monday what rings are needed, but I just wondered if any of ya'll already knew - which would save me some work.

meanmachine1961

I just purchased a new mini 14 about 2 weeks ago. It came with a set of rings that I have no use for. PM me your address and i would be happy to send them to you.

uncyboo

I just purchased a new mini 14 about 2 weeks ago. It came with a set of rings that I have no use for. PM me your address and i would be happy to send them to you.

Hey Partner that was awesome. Those rings are spendy. The best folks in the world are in the firearms community.

NESHOOTER

RINGS

Just glad that someone will get some good use out of them. Got your PM and will get them in the mail on Tuesday.
Thats really nice of you and if ''uncyboo'' a great fella he should send you the payment for shipping to you for being grateful and Passing it forward one day. One good deed deserves another.
NE...

rickyrick

shoulda came with them....40mm will work..watch the rear sight...my scope had to slide all the way back for the rear bell to clear, but fortunately the eye relief worked out that way.....if I had to go foward, the rear sight would have to have been removed.