Mini 14 6.8 Magazines!

10-96

Much to my consternation- nope. Well, at least when I checked some weeks ago they didn't. Know'n them, they likely started just to make a liar outta me.:rolleyes:

Big-Foot

Yeah Pro-Mag just started shipping out their new 6.8 mags. Reviews are scarce and mixed. Pro-Mag promises a Lifetime Warranty on them though.

Now if they would only produce the long, loong promised Mini-30 mags. :(

So what does the lifetime warranty include?

If the magazine is a jammer when it is relatively new, will they replace it until you get one that functions okay?

10-96

Good question.
I wish I could tour a facility that produces magazines- just to see how it's done. My thoughts are that it must be quite an expansive place that has to machine up for each new magazine unless they drop a previously built mag.

Now that 20's are around, I think this would make a great little Scout/utility rifle in stainless with the Hogue stock, Ultimak rail and pistol scope or red dot (or conventional compact scope, 1.5-5x), maybe a vortex/phantom/surefire/other flash.
I learned to shoot on a Mini and could see the above described 6.8 being my ideal go-to for anything centerfire, many 'cooler' options out there but nothing would feel as at home, I think.
Don't know much about this chamber issue, but will definately be watching for an updated model. All I was waiting for was a high cap mag, otherwise entertained ideas of a 6.8 or 6.5 Grendel on a extra-short action turnbolt. Would be cool if they brought it out in the tactical format like the new 14's with the 16" tapered barrel and factory flash hider, winged front sight at mid length and the Hogue stock. With factory 20's it would be kinda irresistable as a practical using/working gun.