Milt Sparks and Beltman

burrhead

I recently ordered an OWB holster from Milt Sparks in what they call “Natural Tan”. I want to order a belt from Beltman to sorta, kinda match. Different leather workers have different ideas of what “tan” means, some more yellow and some more brown. Looking at the pictures on Beltman's site it appears their brown is close to Milt’s tan. I know colors are hard to replicate on computers but Beltman's tan appears to have a yellowish cast.

I don't expect a perfect color match but I'd like to be close. Can you give me some insight or advice? Thanks.

JohnKSa

Administrator
At this exact moment I am wearing a Beltman belt and a Milt Sparks OWB. I'm happy with both of them.

However, being an engineer, it never occurred to me to try to color coordinate them.

I bought the belt in black because I figured that was the most generally useful color for a belt. I can wear it with a suit if I want to (well, I never want to wear a suit but sometimes I have to), but it is also not out of place when wearing jeans.

The holster is sort of a reddish brown color. I bought that color because it's the color my old black holster turned when the black finish started to wear off. I figured that if this one showed wear the same way, it would look better for longer.

If you want them both to match, I'd say to get them both in black. Sorry, I know that's not the question you asked.

burrhead

Thanks for the reply. I have many holsters and 2 gun belts, one getting worn out and soon to be retired to general service. My everyday belt is a Wilderness Instructor that I've had for some years and going strong. That said, I like to put together a "set". I could get a Sparks holster and be done but I think Beltman does it better. Though not an Engineer, I do have a practical mind set but also appreciate aesthetics.

cw308

JohnKSa
Being a engineer ,did you check out the Kore Essentials EDC track line belt . I have one , best EDC belt I ever had . I use it with the Milt Sparks IWB Summer Special 2 rough side out holster. No need to match belt color though . To match as lefteye posted .

Last edited:

LeverGunFan

I recently ordered an OWB holster from Milt Sparks in what they call “Natural Tan”. I want to order a belt from Beltman to sorta, kinda match. Different leather workers have different ideas of what “tan” means, some more yellow and some more brown. Looking at the pictures on Beltman's site it appears their brown is close to Milt’s tan. I know colors are hard to replicate on computers but Beltman's tan appears to have a yellowish cast.

I don't expect a perfect color match but I'd like to be close. Can you give me some insight or advice? Thanks.
Since you have already ordered the holster, can you ask the Beltman to send you a couple scraps of leather in both brown and tan and compare them to the holster when it arrives? Ideally you could tell them what type of leather you want for your belt and they could find some matching pieces.

Spats McGee

Administrator
When I dealt with Beltman, he was kind enough to go out in natural sunlight and take a couple of pictures which he then emailed to me. Very responsive to customer questions.

burrhead

I had an email discussion with David this morning and I'm going to call him Monday and work out an order. I'm sure at this point he can help me get very close to what I want.

Thanks to everyone here for their help.

locknloader

Guys with the KORE belts, how long have you had them and how are they holding up? Is the leather one same stiffness as the nylon webbing one?

jackmoser65

Why can't you just order a matching belt from Milt Sparks?

I don't see what color coordination has to do with engineering. When I get dressed, I want my belt and shoes (or boots) to match, or close to it. Especially with a suit or sport coat.