Midwest Gun Exchange

Cawdor

I may order a new gun from Midwest Gun Exchange - www.midwestgunexchange.com Has anyone bought anything there? How were you treated? How was the service? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Cawdor (edited February 06, 2000).]

Mike Baugh

I have purchased several guns from them but they have all been at local gun shows . They have always had great prices and been very friendly . Good luck , Mike...

dw

I have been to their shop many times they have a great selection and a great knowledge of guns. However, I ordered a Glock 17c from them and waited 3 months with no word and i checked in periodically. So i tried to find a new dealer and i did. I found a guy who will beat there prices and pretty much anyone elses unless you are buddy buddy with a local dealer. His name is Ed Hirschy's. He is at most the shows but only deals in safes at the shows. However he has the largest selection of handguns i have ever seen. U name it he has it. I have never called about a gun he didn't have in stock. The reason is because he is a dealer to dealers. He beats everybody's price!!! He is out of Fort Wayne by appointment only. phone #219-627-3199 if he doesn't answer that one they have another line #219-627-3332. you will be pleased if u call

hoosierboy

I live in south bend and live about 5 minutes from their shop here. I guess from the above post they have more than one shop. They have a huge selection and prices are reasonable, not cheap, but reasonable. I haver never bought anything from them but the people working there seem to be freindly.

jcoyoung

Am I missing somthing here or am I hallucinating? The above link goes to someplace called BKR Studio Inc. that does multimedia presentations. Their address is in South Bend, but nothing about a gun store.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

------------------
"Ray guns don't vaporize Zorbonians, Zorbonians vaporize Zorbonians" The Far Side

Thomas Nowicki

I worked part-time at Midwest for about a year, and am still a regular customer. Their prices are reasonable, and they have been known to be flexable, which means that you can usually get a few bucks off. But there have been a couple of things that I have ordered that have taken a while to get. This seems to be one of their weaknesses.

Tom

tatters

Hey dw-- I have been to Ed's place a few times. He has a bunch of guns!!!! Bought a SW380 from him when they first came out. I also bought my KelTec p-32 from him.
My pal bought a Taurus 44 special also. He has great prices, but he would rather you look at the other shops and spend their time and overhead, then come to him. He can beat their prices every time, and he had the P-32 when no one else in town had it, and still didn't gouge me. He also seems to know his business, and his product.
On the down side, he doesn't give too much in trade. These are my opinions.
I have also bought from other shops and have mostly been fairly treated or my business went elsewhere.
DW-- I have even bougt from Albertsons and done ok.

------------------
Knock twice. Rap with your cane. Feels nice. You're out of the rain. We got your skinny girls. Here at the Western World
from Steely Dan's "Western World"

dw

Hey tatters i go to other shops and play with there guns then go buy a brand new never racked gun from Hersheys. He does know his stuff. And there is only one MIDWEST. I just haven't had much luck with them and Ed H always has good deals and about everything in stock!!!
later
derek