Midway USA AR-15 Upper Return

chasep255

I need to return my AR-15 upper I just bought to midway usa. I did mount it on my lower and put a scope on it but I never fired it. However, it is a policy of midway that they will not accept returns of anything that has been mounted on a gun but what I want to know is how will they know?

wslowik

Midway is awesome with returns. You don't even need an RMA. I'm not sure where you read that once something is mounted you can't return it.

This is their policy from the website:

We will accept unwanted or defective product in unaltered condition within 90 days for refund, credit or exchange. After 90 days, we will offer an exchange or Midway Money (store credit) with proof of purchase.

WLJ

I was just looking at an upper on midway yesterday, and it does say this.
Attention!
Please inspect barrels and blanks carefully for manufacturer bleminshes and/or defects before installation. Unfortunately, once installed or fired, we cannot accept returns.

Now this came from an ad for an upper on their website, and it says "barrels and 'blanks" so do uppers count as barrels in this warning? It does strike me as a blanket statement. To be honest, I can't see where they would have a problem with an upper just because the pins were pushed in.

Last edited:

DMK

If there aren't any permanent marks on it, they'll take it back. Just keep in mind that unless it is defective, they need to be able to sell it again.