Miami Shootout on Discoery Last Night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtduncan

Did anyone watch the FBI Files program on the Discovery channel last night? They depicted the famous Miami bank robber shootout.

I was kind of struck by the fact that the FBI knew that the robbers were packin some good heat - Ruger Mini-14 in .223 and that they didn't carry corresponding firearms to arrest these mean robbers. They appeared to be carrying revolvers primarily and maybe a couple of Sigs or Browning HPs.

From what was depicted, hardly any of the standard 9mm, 40SW, nor 45 ACP cartridges would have been successful. They needed armor and car door piercing rounds.

They surrounded the robbers' car and were shooting from the rear and front primarily through glass and metal.

I was really proud of the latino agent who with his blown apart arm, used his good arm to rack his pump action shotgun to stop them from leaving the scene and finally finished the robbers off at point blank range with his revolver.

Real story about being prepared and having the right tools for the job.

------------------
The Seattle SharpShooter - TFL/GT/UGW/PCT/KTOG

Jim V

They had vests that would have stopped the rounds used by the BG's, they did not wear them.

They had access to long guns that would have extended the range of the fight, they did not use them.

They rammed the suspect's car to get it to stop. Rammed? If it had been the Miami or Dade County LEO's that rammed the car the Feebs would have had a hissy fit. In the ramming, one agent, the best shot, lost his glasses and another lost his handgun.

They knew that it would not be an easy arrest, and I don't want to speak badly of the dead and wounded, but they f***** up the stop and entire take down.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited July 10, 2000).]

jtduncan

Bad news and they blamed it on the 9mm round saying it was ineffective!

------------------
The Seattle SharpShooter - TFL/GT/UGW/PCT/KTOG

Mal H

Staff
Looks like 45automan beat you to the draw on this topic.
[Link to invalid post]

I'll close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.