(MI) FBI Investigates Man For Large Purchase of Ammo

Drizzt

FBI Says Man Does Not Pose Threat

Man Reportedly Bought Large Quantity Of Ammunition

Posted: 10:57 a.m. EDT October 11, 2002
Updated: 1:35 p.m. EDT October 11, 2002

TAYLOR, Mich.-- A man who reportedly bought a large quantity of ammunition at a local Wal-Mart store Thursday night does not pose a threat, according to the FBI.

Police said that in light of the recent news of shooting in the Washington, D.C. area, they were concerned about why a man purchased 300 rounds of 12-gauge shotgun shells and 320 rounds of .223-caliber bullets. According to police, the man bought the large quantity of ammunition, got into a white van with Florida license plates and drove off around 8 p.m.

The FBI investigated and has determined that the man does not pose a threat, Local 4 learned.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/det/news/stories/news-171530620021011-101010.html

devinf

For 300 rounds?!?!?!

My god, what's gonna happen when they find out that some of us crazies actually buy the stuff by the case?

I better bust out my .22 "sniper" rifle so the ATF can take a look when they come knocking. I might go crazy and kill a squirrel...

Remind me never to buy a white van.

Devin

Blackhawk

Define "Large".

"320 rounds of .223-caliber bullets" That's a piddly amount of bullets since he still has to load them into casings with primers, powder, etc. S'pose he bought cartridges...?

In Michigan yet! :rolleyes:

So much white space, and so little news....

ronin308

Too bad that murderous piece of goo in Md hasn't even used a whole box of ammo yet. Thanks for helping Feebs!

Sodbuster

Let's see... this is October. I wonder if Michigan has a hunting season starting around this time. :rolleyes:

So few federal agencies, so many idiots.

Jim V

Gee, are they going to knock on my door(s) when they hear I have 1,000 rounds of 7.62X51 delivered? So, it ain't .223 but........

What do those doofi think, the shooter(s) in Maryland are going to drive to Michigan to stock up on ammo?

Gads, we are surrounded by (quote the Bunny) maroons.

HKguy9

That sucks. Carrying crates of ammo from the leasing office to my 2nd floor apartment is the only form of exercise I get.