MFS Who??? Hungarian 7.62x39

Jim243

Have I been had??? Far be it for me to pass up a bargan, must be the Scotch in me or maybe the Burbon.

Cabela's is having their spring sale and advertised these 7.62X39 rounds as for sale for $6.99 a box of 20 reg $10.99.

Never heard of them, use to buy Wolf when it was $3.99 a box of 20. Have looked high and low for 7.62X39 brass for over a year with no luck unless I want to purchase new brass at about $35.00 per 100. So reloadable brass at the same price with bullets, primers and powder seemed like a good bargan.

I load for my Mini-30 and Yugo SKS.

Actually the rounds don't look too bad, they are brass, have been annealed, have an exceptional very light crimp (no problem can put a factory crimp on them) but seemed to be crimp primed. Bought a swedge about 6 months ago.

The question is - Has anyone used any of these?? And what were your results?? Should I buy more or just run them through my SKS and don't worry about picking up the brass??

Thanks
Jim

Pick the brass up and look inside. If it is Boxer primed (one centered flash hole in the bottom), you can reload it. Work the loads up from starting pressure when you change any component, including brass. Watch for neck splits or head separations. Chances are it will work the same as any other brand.

I, too, have MFS .45 ACP hardball I got at a gunshow. Seems to work fine and reload fine.

Fire one or pull the bullet on one to check the priming situation. Sellier & Bellot, in the Czech Republic, for example, makes reloadable cases for their commercial cartridges, but I have some of their 7.62x51 NATO surplus that is Berdan primed and not readily reloadable. So, the fact 7.62x39 is a military chambering is a flag to me that says check to be sure.

Bigtony

I just picked up a bunch of MFS range brass in 9x19 when I went shooting the other day. I went to tumble it and out of 100 to 150 cases I had a dozen with the media stuck in it. Got the media out and it had a ring of tar looking stuff where the bottom of the bullet was seated. It wipes out but I've never seen anything like it.