Metro Arms / Llama Micro max

deerslayer303

Hey Guys,
I pretty much had made up my mind on the Baby Rock. Well assuming I can find one. Seems they are nowhere to be had for online purchase. But, I have now found out about Metro Arms resurrecting the Micro Max. I am real interested in seeing a review or better yet holding one of the new Llamas. I think they are going to be a locked breach unlike the Baby Rock which is blow back?? Were the original Micro Max a locked breach? I may call Eagle Imports and see what the timeline may be on the availability of the pistol. But on the other hand there is Metro Arms, are they not the bottom tier of the Filipino manufacturers? Seems Armscor gets a thumbs up for the most part, but where does Metro Arms lie? Thoughts??

michael t

Metro Arms is not the bottom of the ladder. Their just newer kid on block They make very fine 1911's I have a lovely blue American classic Delux Government model That was eating mixed brand HP ammo after 1 mag of ball. I want the Metro Arms Bobtail very bad. and I own a Dan Wesson CBOB
The New Llama line up will be the small 380 and a fullsize 1911 . I must admit I was talking with Eagle owner other night on phone. about the NRA convention I never thought to ask . I don't think a blowback but can't say for sure .

deerslayer303

Thanks for the reply Michael. I did receive an email back from Eagle Imports. They told me the factory is telling them the pistols should be shipped out in the next 3-4 months.

ricko

Hadn't heard about Llama 380s coming back, I fell in love with those in the 60s but was too young to buy one then and have never come across one more recently. The original ones were a locked breech, but as I understand it they changed to a blowback design in the 70s when they added the ventilated rib on top of the slide (I could be wrong on this, but I know the earlier ones were locked like a 1911). I'd like another chance to get a new one if they're made well. I looked at a Browning 1911 - 380 last week but I think I still like the old Llamas better. This may be totally irrational, but what the heck.

gyvel

Metro Arms is not at "the bottom of the ladder" as far as quality is concerned. Armscor is the oldest firm and has a huge state of the art facility on Luzon; Shooters Arms is located in Cebu City, Cebu, and Metro Arms is located in Parañaque City, which is part of the metro Manila area. (5 star hotel $280.00 a night.:D)

Armscor excels in mass production and innovation, but both Shooters Arms AND Metro are making excellent quality 1911s at a very reasonable price. I believe ATI are using Metro on some of its guns.

Here is a link about Metro Arms:

http://www.genitron.com/Handgun-Manufacturer/Metro-Arms

Last edited:

Ibmikey

The earlier Llama .380 pistols used a locked breech however they changed to a straight blow back in their later production. The Micro Max is a neat little pistol but unfortunately they are blow back and thus not as easy shooting as the locked breech pistols that preceded them.