Meopta meapro

Wendyj

Euro optics having a decent sale on the 3x9 with 30 mm tube right now. Anyone use the lower end Meopta scopes. They are about 1/2 price now through tomorrow. Thought I might try one.

Saltydog235

The Meopro is basically the same as the original Ziess Conquest. They made the optic for Ziess before Ziess brought it in house. Solid optics at a good price.

jmr40

Meopta made, and may still make a 3-9X40 scope with a 1" tube that has been sold under several names including the Zeiss Conquest. I still see them listed, but have not seen one in stock in a while. But that was only one specific model. Not all Zeiss Conquests were made by Meopta. And the one the OP is asking about isn't the same scope either.

But based on my experience with the original Zeiss and the same scope made by Meopta sold with Cabelas badging on it I think highly of Meopta products.

When i win the lottery i'll try one.

No need to win the lottery, they are a mid priced scope comparable in price to Leupold. But much better. Regular price is $399, but when Cabelas discontinued them they were selling them at $200-$250. I bought 2 at that price and occasionally you see them pop up at $250.

SCgman

The only 3 criticisms I can come up with for the 2 that I own:

A. The metal cap covers are hard to put back on, threading is finicky.

B. The adjustment finger flange extends just far enough over the direction arrows that I have to strain to verify exactly which direction I'm moving the crosshairs. The "L" always seems to be concealed.

C. Not real fond of the lens covers that slide on each end as opposed to a simple thong type.

Scope quality other than this is as good as I can afford, and I don't consider myself cheap.