has given him prior license to defend
himself -- and, if necessary, others.

As if we need a government prosecutor to
tell us whether or not self defense is
just. Nonsense!

Those people think too much of themselves -
and not enough of 'ordinary" citizens.

KSFreeman

I thought a fixed place of bidness was exempt under the Land of Orange statute?

How is shooting a robber with a weapon in your face "vigilantism"? Mr. DA should remember that his use of words means certain things.

Jay Baker

KSFreeman, surely you don't believe that a politician such as your typical leftist prosecutor/D.A., , to ever bother to look up a word ("vigilante") in the dictionary, do you??

Speaking of same, once, many years ago, one of the greatest writers of all time, said, "The difference between the right word, and the almost right word, is the difference between lightning, and lightning bug." Samuel L. Clemens (aka Mark Twain).

J.B.

KP95DAO

There's right and there's not legal.

Dateline Oklahoma City.

City man facing charges in car burglary shooting
2002-12-14

A 21-year-old man has been charged in the shooting of a man who allegedly broke into his car Nov. 21.
Donald A. Mayberry, Oklahoma City, faces a charge of assault and battery with a deadly weapon for shooting Sean Pine, 22, of Midwest City in the leg and stomach with a .45 caliber handgun.

Mayberry told police he was inside his apartment at the Sunnyview Apartments, 4511 Sunnyview Drive, just after midnight when his wife told him someone was breaking into his car in the parking lot.

He found three men burglarizing his car, police said.

Two of them ran away, but the third man was shot while inside Mayberry's car, police said.

Pine and Matthew Swanson, 22, are charged with second-degree burglary for breaking into Mayberry's 1995 Chrysler New Yorker.

Swanson was arrested when he went to the hospital to check on Pine's condition.

BamBam

FYI,
The robber in Memphis was shot in the parking lot while fleeing. Not that it matters to me; I think the story has a happy ending all the way around.

Gotta bring back the old NV style law where you can shoot someone for stealing your property. The legacy of the 60s is that we've gotten too soft on criminals.

spartacus2002

Gotta bring back the old NV style law where you can shoot someone for stealing your property.

I agree. Humans respond in accordance with the incentives or punishments presented. Like it or not, shooting them for stealing property would make them think twice before they would steal property.