"Meet" Threads & Announcements. Please Read.

Gunslinger

Terri and I have been suprised (and, admittedly a little disappointed) that so few members have responded to the TFL End of Summer Meet, thread. However many hours of painstaking analysis and exhaustive studies have revealed that it is possible that some members are still unaware that "get-to-gather" threads are now in the newly renamed Lock And Load forum. After lengthy negotiations, the exchange of countless e-mails and with considerable effort George Hill has agreed to allow me make a duplicate post here in GD to direct members to the thread and to remind everyone that all future "get-to-gather" threads will be located in that forum. (Actually I simply asked George in an e-mail last week if I could do this and he said "yes" ;). What with Terri's surgery and our attending gun shows I'm just now getting around to making the post. :eek:) Speaking of gun shows, it has also been suggested that gun show announcements be posted there in the future as well. You see, George was getting bored up there in Lock and Load so.........well....ya'll get the idea. :D
For those just discovering the End of Summer Meet thread for the first time (it's been up for a spell now) there are links provided in the current thread so you may review the past discussions. Some of it has been.....er.....rather "interesting" reading. :rolleyes:

------------------
Gunslinger

TFL End of Summer Meet, August 12th & 13th, 2000

[This message has been edited by Gunslinger (edited May 10, 2000).]

Grayfox

BTT :)

don't even ask about the monkey!

------------------
TFL's official "Curmudgeon Member" and damned proud of it!

Guy B. Meredith

Gunslinger,

The TFL meet sounds good and we'd love to get over that way.

*sigh*

However, it now goes on the list with New Orleans, Oklahoma City's Red Earth Festival, the NRA meet and the Bianchi Cup competition. I live near Silicon Valley and earn considerably less than $100,000 and work weekends to support my habit. Trips this year will be limited to no farther than the Steel Challenge (hopefully) down south of here and the International Revolver Championship, which is even closer.

foxfire

BTT :)
How's Terri doing?
Please keep us posted...

------------------
...defend the 2nd., it protects us all.
No fate but what we make...

terridarri

Foxfire, thanks for your concern, I'm doing great after a long day I do get kind of stiff through my shoulders but if it wasn't for that I could go out and run a road race. :) LOL I'm ready to come face to face with all of you TFLer's thats coming to Missouri in August. LOL

I had to come back and edit this because I forgot to respond to the little Grayfox, I really feel Mr. Grayfox this is becoming somewhat of a confusion, your just dying to have more information, but OMG I would have to kill you if I told you in fear of it getting out to others. LOL THE BALD MONKEY

------------------
WHEN IT COMES TO FRIENDS THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT

[This message has been edited by terridarri (edited May 12, 2000).]

cobraman

Unfortunately, I already have a hiking trip planned for this summer. Finances, work, and my girlfriend only permit one trip a year. Plus if I miss this hiking trip I will go insane.

terridarri

But just think if you came to Missouri we would help you from going insane. LOL Your going to miss out on alot of fun, maybe this year plan two trips.

------------------

Gunslinger

Thanks Guy and Cobraman for letting us know the "why". We had begun to wonder why we were getting so little response.
Guy do I understand from your post you are going to the Bianci Cup? Terridarri and I will be there as an event sponsor this year. (See my thread Bianci Cup in Competition forum.)

------------------
Gunslinger

Joe Klug

Gunslinger,

>However many hours of painstaking analysis and exhaustive
>studies have revealed that it is possible that some
>members are still unaware that "get-to-gather" threads
>are now in the newly renamed Lock And Load forum.

That was exactly my problem when looking for information on the Georgia TLF get together. Oh well, live and learn.

Wish I could make it over for the End Of Summer meet but that just isn't going to be possible. Hopefully there will be more interest shown as the date gets closer.

Joe/Ga

------------------
Georgia TFL'ers get together:
May 20, 2000-From 3pm to 6pm
Wolf Creek Indoor Range
See thread in Lock And Load forum.

Gunslinger

Thanks Joe. We are hoping that the slow response has been largely due to the fact that many of the members have not seen the thread. We had hoped for a couple hundred members. Perhaps you are correct in that as it draws nearer there will be more members join. Although the ealier we get responses the easy it will make the planning.

------------------
Gunslinger

terridarri

Come on people, lets party in Missouri, lets get our vacations going and get to this great meet, if nothing else you will get to meet me. LOL :)

------------------

Correia

Gunslinger, Terridari, I wish that I could go, it would be a blast. But I just don't think that I can swing it. Baby coming in June, finishing my last class that month for my degree, testing for different PDs all summer. But man it would be fun!

I'll tell you this though, even if you only get a fourth of what you are hoping for, it will still be awesome.

terridarri

It will be fun for everyone, its sure going to be a way for everyone who is coming to bond and become a closer family, but besides that Correia, I thought your wife said since you did the T-shirts this would help you being able to come. LOL

------------------

Gunslinger

Aaaahaa, so the "T" shirt thing was just a ploy. Don't you want to come see all your shirts proudly worn by so many? ;)
Seriously, Correia, congradulations on graduating and the new baby. Good luck with the job search. I think you will find LE very rewarding.
We do have thirtythree members and a total of over fifty thus far counting members families. However we would like to increase that number before then.
Anyone not coming remember; Those of us that are here plan to talk aobut those that are not. :D

------------------
Gunslinger

Correia

Yes I did make some money, but I'm afraid that I wound up putting it down towards a 1911. And unfortunatly its not a question of money (or permission for that matter ;) ) its more a question of timing.

I am jealous though. :)