Meet my new Russian, Israeli and Austrian girlfriends...

iamkris

My father passed away last year and left a very small insurance policy...rather than do something stupid like pay a month's mortgage, invest in the stock market, or throw it down a well, I decided to buy a few more for the armory over the last month. (When my mom passed, I used what she left me to buy a Luger)

I have a whole mess of rifles...battle rifles from the late 1800's through to modern day, buncha mil-surps, a herd of ARs, lots of "hunting" rifles, a scad of .22s and even a .50 BMG.

I decided to treat myself get a trio of foreign oddballs, since today is my birthday. Today I picked up the last of my new foreign friends...the petite, sexy Austrian to complete the threesome.

245c6t2.jpg

• Saiga-12, 12 gauge
  • CAI Golani, 5.56x45 mm
  • MSAR StG556-E4, 5.56x45 mm

The Saiga was converted to a pistol grip config by the former owner...I added the stock, grip, a rail, extended charging handle, the Krebs sights, a Predator brake and the 10 round mags. If functions great with factory ammo...reloads not so much.

The Golani runs fine, even though it has the short bullet guide. It is accurate and has less recoil than even an AR due to the weight. The grip is comfortable, decent trigger, sights are pretty good and it is a solid feeling, good handling rifle. I like it better than any of my AKs I own.

The MSAR AUG-clone is the E4 model that takes AR mags...it just arrived at my dealer yesterday. I put 50 flawless rounds through it today in celebration of my birthday...its configuration makes it feel like a .22 LR in recoil...absolutely no muzzle rise at all. The trigger is WAY better than I expected. Mag changes are going to take some getting used to.

dzjko4.jpg

f2j62d.jpg

2ikv7ra.jpg

jman841

Happy birthday. Sorry to hear about your father. Those sure do look nice, ive always had a lil something for those European models, Slim sleek and sexy.

Kurbsky

Happy birthday! Sorry to hear about your dad.
Nice selection but I still would prefer a Russian-made AK-47 over Saiga. I am not sure you can get a brand new one in the US though. Last time I was in a gun store they had plenty of cheap copies of the real thing made in Bulgaria, Chine and god knows where. Cheap in terms of quality only - prices were absolutely ridiculous.

predator86

kurbsky, the bulgarian and chinese ak's are known as some of the highest quality ak's out there besides the russians....