mechtech ccu

paull

I have a Colt 1991 lower attached to a mectech upper.
I bought it off the interweb, a few months ago, or so (maybe this site..?)
Works fine.
I have a cheap red dot sight on it.
It makes an interesting "ttthhhhhrrrruuuuuummmmmmm" sound when you shoot it. :)
I like pistol caliber carbines, and it fills the bill.
p

Bud Helms

I also have one I bought direct from MechTech when they first came out. I love it, but it is heavier than it needs to be. It's also pretty accurate but in order to really say that, I need a real scope on it. Right now it has a red dot on it.

Crosshair

I have one for 45 ACP 1911 and like it.

Only problem is that you need high rings to get the scope high enough to see through. I have an eotech on mine so it sits high enough. Seems to be rather accurate.

It makes an interesting "ttthhhhhrrrruuuuuummmmmmm" sound when you shoot it.
That it does.

lunchbox

would you say its the kind of gun thats good for in the truck usage for when one may have use for more than a sidearm

Bud Helms

I think it would make a fine truck gun, but it is a little on the expensive side for that purpose, 'cause you need to have a handgun lower (Glock, 1911, etc.) for it. JMHO. I agree with Carne Frio on that. My preferences run to an old Win .30-30 with open sights for a truck gun.

An old AccuDot or ProPoint red dot scope works fine on the Mech Tech. I wrapped the flat steel skeleton stock in cold-weather peel-n-stick foam pipe wrap and zipped the fabric stock cover over that. The thruuummmm is gone.

Mine is for a 1911 and I loaded up some 230 gr ball and some 200 gr hollow points to .45 Super levels for it. 'Works fine. Minute of coffee cup at 50 yds and well within minute of dinner plate at 100 yds. Slow fire with a front bag, with an old cheap, blurry Tasco AccuDot. Springfield Mil Spec lower.

It's mostly for fun, but the appearance carries an intimidation factor if tacti-cool is what you're after.

lunchbox

as far as cost i plan to get a complete lower from lone wolf for 200 when they come out. that takes some of the cost out. what i want is to get something that is small thats where the telescoping stock comes in

about how much does it weigh?

it would mostly be for fun or killing small stuff not game or anything

i agree they look cool and all but looks are not on the top of my list

what really want is an mp5 sd but thats not going to happen

Bud Helms

Not real sure of the exact weight, but it's noticeable when you pick it up with one hand. 6 or 7 pounds, I'd say. One advantage is that sucker does not move when you shoot it.

I notice that Mech Tech does NOT recommend firing .45 Super in one of their uppers made for .45 ACP. I only tried it with a magazine or two ... one range session. I quit doing it out of fear that I would accidentally load my Commander with them.