Me & my CZ

GLOCKT

Today around lunch time I became the new owner of a new CZ-75B .40SW.
I've looked thru the owners manual and nowhere in there, do I find how you take it down to clean.
I shot 100 rounds thru it on the way home and is it ever so sweet.I shot, pretty close to 3 inch groups right off the bat, at 15 yards.
Both the Walther and Glocks took some range time to shoot those tight of groups.Must be the Polymer frames oppossed to the CZ steel frame.Now to the task at handle, what steps do I have to go thru to take it apart to clean?Thanks in advance.CZ-USA search forum was down at the momment,so I tried that angle. Now to edit my profile.SAFE-SHOOTING!

Thirties

The owner's manual that came with my CZ85B in 9mm has take down instructions for cleaning. They have descriptive text (in English and Czech) along with good photographs.

? ? ?

VVG

It's simple enough. Align the two marks on the left rear of the slide and frame, respectively. Use a magazine or block of wood to push out the slide stop [incorrectly stated first as safety] from the detent. Pull the recoil spring back, then up and the barrel will come out.

Last edited:

ronin308

Align the two marks on the left rear. Use something like VVG said but you're pushing out the slide stop from the right side, not the safety. Keep notches aligned still and pull out the stop from the left side. It does not matter if the hammer is cocked or not. Now the slide will come off. Then you can just take the recoil spring and barrel right out. Reassemble in reverse order. I'm surprised that your manual doesn't have this in it. When I bought a 75 PCR it had instructions in a few languages.

Dan

croyance

I think that is the slide stop you have to push out, not a safety.

So from the beginning.

1.) Eject magazine and check to make sure there is no round in the chamber.
2.) Move slide back about .5" to align notches on frame and slide. This will move hammer back to the half cocked position.
3.) Push out slide stop with bottom of magazine or non-marring mallet.
4.) Slide comes off.

The rest you know.
This is the same way that an H&K and Kahr come apart, by the way. It is essentially the way a HiPower is field stripped, although on a HiPower you move the slide back further, and a HiPower has a notch for the safety to catch the slide in the right position.

GLOCKT

Thanks all,in all my excitement I over looked page 22, and illustrations 7 and 8.It shows the take method.Thanks again,SAFE-SHOOTING!

chaim

Well, since you now know (from posts and the manual) how to take the gun down maybe we can use this thread to again talk about how much we love our CZs :D .

I got mine two weeks ago this coming Thursday (CZ 75, 9mm) and I now have 850 rounds through it. Very accurate. I am already more accurate with this gun than any other I own or have shot. I have had one minor hiccup in the 615-630 rounds range, but the gun was dirty and I allowed the oil on the rails to get dry (I don't think it minded dirty because next trip I only put some oil on the rails and it shot another 200 rounds flawlessly). I'm going to the range with it again tomorrow. I can't wait to add to my CZ collection (a CZ 97 and a .40 cal. 75 in nickel by summer, a CZ 40 and 83 is possible by the end of the year and certainly another 9mm CZ 75, possibly either in nickel or the BD, by the end of the year).

Based on what I've heard from others, and now what I know from my own experience I think I can confidently predict that you will like (more likely love) your new CZ.

gwalchmai

Love my CZ

I've had my 75B Mil (99) a little over a month now, with around 500 rounds fired. I'm very impressed. I just got some new HiCaps for it (it came with one, I got 2 from VonFatman and one from CheaperThanDirt), and they all fed without a hitch. (CTD was $16.95, but I think I got their last one...;) )

This weekend I shot 115gr. Win WhiteBox FMJ and JHP, Blazers, and Georgia Arms 124 gr. GoldDots. All worked fine.

What do you use to lube yours? I got some Shooters Choice "Hi Tech" gun grease and tried it on the rails. It seems to work OK, but I think I'll try some Tetra. The guy at David's Gun Room said he prefers SC over Tetra, but I'd still like to try the "dry" alternative.

Eric Larsen

Cleaning my CZ's is almost ritualistic for me....or more like therapy.
The smell of Hoppes #9 and Breakfree CLP....aromatherapy at its best. Breakfree is the "CZUSA recommended and endorsed" lube, cleaner and preservative for your CZ's....it works very very well. I use Hoppes on the barrel just to really get it clean and then the CLP.....Plus, the Hoppes reminds me of being a kid and helping my dad clean his guns.......nice thought!
Shoot well