McCain still hanging in there......

Pat H

I'm watching with quite a lot of satisfaction as McCain self destructs. I give him about 4 to 6 more weeks.

Bruxley

Given your record of accuracy of things political that translates to long term political success for McCain.

Unregistered

Pat H has been wrong a lot, but sooner or later even a blind hog finds an acorn, and this time I think he is correct.

I am predicting an electoral landslide in favor of Obama. All he has to do is pick up one southern state in addition to the usual democratic states, and he will win the election.

madmag

I am not a big McCain supporter, but its too early to tell. The wild cards will be how the Iraq war & economy are going when it gets to vote time. Also, I suspect McCain might pick a VP that helps him with the southern vote.

Unregistered

Iraq is not going to improve enough between now and November to make a difference. It might get suddenly worse, but it can't get suddenly better. I'll drink the Republican Kool Aid and concede things are improving there at the moment... but I don't know that things will still be positive in 6 months.

JWT

Way too early to predict. If McCain can keep his cool he just may survive. Obamas experience factor (lack thereof) could be a big vulnerability.