Maybe wrong forum, but has Rossi discontinued the Circuit Judge?

Lavan

I'm finding differing info on the Inet, but I'm curious if Rossi has discontinued the Circuit Judge. :confused:

It's both a rifle and a shotgun. 45 Colt and .410 shotgun.

Do you guys know?

Lavan

I have one.
I consider it controlled mayhem.

I saw a Netflix movie that I can't remember the title of where the gun used to wipe out an entire house was the CJ.

Strangely, (or maybe not) the .410 is the MOST "on" pointing shotgun I've ever used.
If I snap it to the shoulder and double action a shot at anything I'm ...LOOKING...at.
It's hit!

Surprised me.

Also the amazing power of the .410 slug was truly amazing. ZIPS right through heavy gauge steel.

BUT.... it's a "goofy" gun.

But that's okay with me. :D

44 AMP

Staff
It's both a rifle and a shotgun. 45 Colt and .410 shotgun.

I don't know if its still in production, or not, sorry. But I do know its either a rifle, OR a shotgun. If it has rifling, its a rifle. Period.

It can be (and is) a .45 Colt rifle that also shoots the .410 shotshell, but its still a rifle, technically. Same thing for the handguns that shoot both. They are .45 Colts, with rifled barrels, which are also cut to allow the use of .410 shells. If they weren't rifled, they would be shotguns (smoothbore) under the law, and couldn't be sold as regular handguns.

And, yes, the power of the .410 slug is impressive, for what it is. It's a 110gr slug (approximately) and the box of 3" Winchester I have says velocity is 1800fps. That's respectable, I think.

Wag

I inherited one from my brother-in-law three years ago. As you say, freaky, weird gun.

Shoots okay, though. Just not the kind of thing I'd be inclined to buy with my own cashola.

So, I keep it for sentimental reasons and shoot it on occasion.

--Wag--