Maybe Moving to El Paso

XLT

Hello Gentlemen,

I haven't been here in a while, but such is life sometimes. I may be moving to El Paso in the near future and was wondering if any of you know where I can find some good reasonable (relatively inexpensive, I'll be on a minister's pay :eek: :) places to hunt in the general area.

Pretty much interested in any and all. Doesn't appear to even be a whitetail season, which is odd for me, as here in South Texas they are thicker than flies.

Anyway, any ideas or suggestions would be great. Thanks,

XLT

Yithian

Most all the hunting in EP will be birds.
There's just not much of anyplace for them to hide from people.
To get into the larger animals like deer, you will have to head towards Marfa or up into new Mexico.

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
Mule deer and javelina over toward Sierra Blanca and Van Horn. Antelope around Marfa, but last I heard the going price for a hunt was around $1,500.

Hunting narcotrafficantes in Juarez can be pretty exciting. (Sorry; couldn't help it.)

XLT

:eek: no bipeds, thanks though, Art.

thanks for the thoughts as well, I didn't think it would be as easy to find a place as here in San Antonio area, and sounds like I was right. :rolleyes:

Well, where there's a will, there's a way....unless there isn't...

Thanks again,

XLT

hoytinak

Once you get there start talking to the land owners and try to get in good with them. The farmers and rancher around here (Amarillo area) only let a select few hunt on their land.