May have asked this before...

Radicalcleric

I don't recall getting a response, so I will ask again.

I am fond of the .38 Super cartridge and the Colt Gold Cup Model 1911. I know that over the years Colt has made runs of various 1911s that combine the features of the Gold Cup, like the sights and the wide trigger, in .38 Super. Does anyone know specifically which model guns were offered in this configuration? I believe that one of the recent "El" models was pretty much a Super Gold Cup, and a number of years ago something called the Super Elite (or similar) was offered and it was also essentially a Super Gold Cup. Anyone have this info at hand so I can have the list of models to search for when I decide I want to try to buy one on the used market? Thanks for your help.

Jim Watson

The Super Elite was a special run for distributor Accu-sport. It is essentially a .38 Super GC.

The Blue Book says the Combat Elite was a similar item, but the pictures I have found show it with fixed sights and narrow trigger.

I don't know the ins and outs of the El series.

I saw a Colt GC in .38 Super (or at least it said it was) at a shop a few months ago.

I don't have much interest in getting a GC in .38 Super, so I didn't spend much time looking at it. I did, however, see the price tag...

$2,150.